Top 5 apps for Bobcats

Hello, Bobcats! It’s exciting to see you make the transition to on-campus life. Whether it’s your first semester or final one, you will love being a Bobcat!

As a student, there are many apps available to meet our needs. To help make your college experience easier, I’ve compiled a list of apps I recommend you download that have helped me during my time at TXST.

TXST Mobile App: The most essential all-in-one app, TXST Mobile is your directory, bus tracker, alert system and so much more. With a customizable home screen, you can edit what features are most important to you and in what order you want them to appear. It’s a quick way to get resources and information on campus.

TXST mobile

Hooked: This one is for all of the foodies out there! Hooked is an awesome app that gives you discounts and specials at your favorite local restaurants. From the occasional BOGO deal to $5 pizza, this app will definitely satisfy your cravings.

Hooked app

The Weather Channel: Stay prepared and download The Weather Channel app. Check it before you go to bed or before you leave for class in the morning and stay up to date on what the weather forecast will be like for the week. Don’t get caught on campus without a raincoat or a jacket, it will not be fun.

Weather channel

Twitter: If there’s one handy social media tool that I recommend you download, it’s Twitter. It’s a quick-and-easy tool that lists posts in chronological order, making it a great communication and notification platform. Follow professors, organizations and on-campus resource centers to get updates on important information. Make sure you follow @TXST_DoIT too.

Twitter

Banking/Money App: There are many apps to manage your money, such as Cash App, Venmo or Apple Pay. These can be really handy if you ever need to pay back a friend, split your utility bills or quickly receive money from family without having to go to the bank.

Cash

These are just a few apps that will help you on your day to day adventures throughout college; I hope you find them as useful as I do.