Delve into Delve

Delve into Delve

Let me introduce you to my new best friend in Office 365: Delve. Delve is a productivity tool that integrates your work with all of the work going on around you by your colleagues into a clean, organized interface. It allows you to see what documents others around you have shared with you and are working on, and who is communicating with whom. It incorporates shared files from OneDrive, Teams, and even email attachments you have received. You can also search for items by a specific person if you know who originated the document.

As a supervisor, this is helpful to me because I can quickly find and access documents I need from my team, and I can also see what projects my staff are currently working on without the need for a face-to-face meeting or a phone call to get up to speed on their progress. For many things, I am able to see the progress for myself if the files have been shared with me. Furthermore, I do not have to figure out where the links are that were sent to me via email, as I can go directly to Delve to find the documents. For Delve to be the most effective, you need to be working in the Office 365 tools.

This is just one example of the many apps that are available to our Texas State community within Office 365. I hope that you will give it a try to see how it may benefit you and your teams and also explore the many other tools that are available. These are accessible via your Office365 home page. Learn more about Office365 at: https://doit.txstate.edu/services/office365.

Ken Pierce is Vice President for Information Technology and CIO.