Distance Learning Platforms: Hassle-free remote classes

Working at ITAC has introduced me to a world of tech at Texas State that I didn’t even know existed! From my perspective as a student, the immense amount of resources we have available to students seems to be overlooked. We have free programs, discounted tech, and pre-set up rooms designed specifically for your needs. One of my favorite services falling in these categories are the Distance Learning Platforms (DLPs).

It’s understandable that the wide array of tech available to students could go under the radar with college life being so chaotic already. I’ve found that researching and utilizing the tools that ITAC has for us creates more room for worrying about my classes! For example, DLPs are a major innovation for students that need a credit only offered off-campus. DLPs use platforms like Zoom to make your off-campus classes hassle-free and easy to attend. After researching this topic, I realized that some of the classes I’m required to take will only be offered at the Round Rock campus, and since my primary campus is in San Marcos, I will absolutely be taking advantage of DLP rooms when the time comes!

Transitions in college are hard enough, so let yourself get help from the many services that departments offer across campus. Modern tech allows us to live life to the fullest and use our time wisely. By using DLPs, you’ll be able to have access to a wider array of education opportunities without the added stress of transportation or lack of resources. Again, it’s easy to let these services seem like bells and whistles rather than necessities, but that’s why I’m here to give you a student’s perspective on what options we have as busy college students.

Eva Nobles is a freshman majoring in advertising and a student employee in the IT Assistance Center.