Remote learning: Cloud storage

Remote learning: Cloud storage

Being stuck at home with online classes doesn’t have to be as inconvenient as some think. Using cloud storage, you can access your files virtually anywhere at any time. My personal favorite and most used storage method is OneDrive, which is part of Office 365. As both a student and a student employee at Texas State, it’s very important for me to have all of my documents in one place that I can access at any time. The ability to see everything from Teams, OneDrive, and other Microsoft programs helps me stay organized throughout the day. 

When it comes to remote learning, you’ll want to have access to your files for many different reasons. Say you’re using a desktop at the library to get some heftier online work done but need to have the final product on your smartphone later on. OneDrive has a mobile app that makes it ridiculously easy to access your saved files from any location. For my work, I like to be able to use my phone for pictures I need for social media posts, which I can then move to my OneDrive account by a press of a button.  

Being able to download Office 365 for free as a Texas State student is a luxury that many may overlook, but during times like these, these programs are incredibly useful. You can download and access Office 365 applications through a browser or by downloading them onto your personal devices.  

Take advantage of the many resources that ITAC offers to personalize your remote learning experience, making online classes productive and stress free. 

Eva Nobles is a freshman majoring in advertising and a student employee in the IT Assistance Center.