What I love about IT

What I love about IT

There are many things to love about IT at Texas State. In light of Valentine’s Day, here are the top four things I love about IT.

1. The IT Assistance Center

The first thing I think of when it comes to what I love about Texas State’s IT services is the people at the IT Assistance Center (ITAC). They make fixing your laptop and other devices super accessible, all while greeting you and making sure you feel reassured about yourself as a student, faculty, or staff member here at the university. Personally, working with ITAC as a student content creator has been fun because they are open to the idea of trying new things, and this shows in the way they are willing to help people with their technical problems, regardless of how unique they may be.

2. Microsoft 365 

Microsoft 365 has been such a valuable application for me as a student at Texas State. I love how many tools it offers to help me communicate with my coworkers and complete assignments on time. Specifically, OneDrive makes it easy to manage large files for my music classes and organize projects for my major in Sound Recording Technology, and the fact that Texas State offers this service for free through Microsoft 365 makes me love it even more.

3. IT Social Media 

ITAC does an excellent job managing their social media to ensure everyone is up to date on university technology. Following their social media accounts has made it so that I am never confused about the services IT provides, or what new developments are occurring in the world of technology. I really appreciate the effort they put into making technology topics fun and digestible. Follow ITAC on social media to stay informed.

4. TXST  Information Technology Blog 

Last but not least, I love the TXST IT Blog. Not just because I am a blog contributor, but also because it is updated weekly with new posts written by knowledgeable people. If you have not read the TXST IT Blog, I encourage you to check it out because it delves into subjects related to technology, artificial intelligence, and services at Texas State. Every post is edited and carefully checked to ensure that you are receiving the highest quality information.   

What’s not to love about IT at Texas State University? Here, technology is run by individuals who genuinely care about the well-being of technology users at Texas State, and I appreciate this greatly.  

Sophie Reel is a student content creator for IT Communications and Outreach.